Dear Praying Friends,
We first heard of C.T. Studd’s famous words, “ONLY ONE LIFE TWILL SOON BE PAST; ONLY WHAT’S DONE FOR CHRIST WILL LAST” from Rev. Cliff Hunnitcut, Jr of Harvester Baptist Church, Singapore in year 1977/78
Rev. Cliff Hunnicut, Jr , Missionary from USA to India and then Singapore gave his life for Christ with full zeal. He preached with all his might and compassion.
He was fully for the Service of Jesus. We were surprised although he was in Singapore he did not even visit Sentosa Island. As his life was totally spent for Christ and with no time to spare for earthly trifles.
Listened to these Words that inspired him & us
“ONLY ONE LIFE TWILL SOON BE PAST;
ONLY WHAT’S DONE FOR CHRIST WILL LAST”
And here is the Story of C.T. Studd
C.T. Studd: Gifted Athlete and Pioneering Missionary (2018) | Full Movie | John Holden
Incorporated into our Poem
3)I know a fount where sins are washed away
I know a place where night is turned to day.
Under his shadow the safest place I know.
All that I am or have to Him I gladly serve.
Only one life ’twill soon be passed away
Only one chance I must not throw away
Now I know I must give this life to
Him. to Him, to Him.
4.) There will I rest for all eternity
Here with my might I serve the Almighty.
For the time will come when we no longer can serve.
Therefore give him your best and all that He deserves.
Eternal life and endless is its days
Eternal joy and full of glory there
now I know I must live this life
for Him. for Him. for Him.
-adapted by Calvin Tan
Yes! We only have one life on earth to serve God. And only one chance which we should not throw away.
Life’s short years of 70,80 or 100 in comparison to eternity is actually a tiny dot in eternity
The days of our lives are three score and ten which is 70 years
By reason of strength it might be 80 years. And even if we could live till one hundred years old it is only 36,500 days
Yes! 365 days a year. If 100 years then 365 X 100 = 36,500 days.
Do you know how short are the days?
Just China alone there are more than 40,000 Cities, Towns & Villages
If you were to travel all of China Cities, Towns & Villages One Day at a Time
Your entire life of 36,500 days (if you can live till 100) also cannot cover all of them
Then what about the whole wide world out there?
Our time is so short. Don’t waste it. Don’t throw away the opportunity to serve Jesus.
May we use the rest of our days on earth in His Service.
“ONLY ONE LIFE TWILL SOON BE PAST;
ONLY WHAT’S DONE FOR CHRIST WILL LAST.”
Your Brother in Christ
Above: C.T. Studd gave up a Mansion in England
Inset: to live in a shed in Africa
His life was a witness to his words:
- Some wish to live within the sound of church or chapel bell, I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of hell.
- Only one life, ’twill soon be past, only what’s done for Christ will last.
- If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him.
- The light that shines farthest shines brightest nearest home.
- God’s real people have always been called fanatics.
- The “romance” of a missionary is often made up of monotony and drudgery; there often is no glamor in it; it doesn’t stir a man’s spirit or blood. So don’t come out to be a missionary as an experiment; it is useless and dangerous. Only come if you feel you would rather die than not come. Don’t come if you want to make a great name or want to live long. Come if you feel there is no greater honor, after living for Christ, than to die for Him.
- The best cure for discouragement or qualms is another daring plunge of faith.
- Christ wants not nibblers of the possible, but grabbers of the impossible by faith in the omnipotence, fidelity, and wisdom of the Almighty Savior.